The Camp Kulin program wouldn’t be possible without the support of our amazing volunteers.
If you like working with children, have a good sense of humour and want to have a life changing experience, let us know. Positions are available for camp counsellors and logistics staff. No prior experience is necessary, all training is provided!
Camp Counsellors are vital to the experience of a child at camp. They are responsible for a small group of children, as well as working with the whole camp on campwide activities. The role of a camp counsellor requires patience, energy and a very good sense of humour!
Activities camp counsellors take part in throughout the week can include rock climbing, swimming, the giant Kulin waterslide, excursions to local farms, gaga dodge ball, human hungry hippos, Frisbee golf, giant human foosball, teambuilding, challenge afternoons, quiz nights, scavenger hunts, talent show, sports, art and craft, dance, ropes course elements and more.
Our team have also been known to make and play with slime, moonlight as pirates or clowns, paint their faces, start water balloon ambushes and anything else that is required to give our campers the best week of their lives!
MAIN TASKS OF CAMP COUNSELLORS
- Be a group leader for an allocated group of campers (usually between 3 and 5 campers)
- Participate actively in all activities
- Be a positive role model for campers
- Work as part of a team to provide the best camp experience possible for all campers
TIME COMMITMENT REQUIRED
Camp counsellors are able to participate in 3 different programs:
- Weekend Camps
- Day Camp
- Kids Camps
* Please note – camp counsellors attending kids camp programs are required to complete a training day prior to their time at camp. Camp counsellors attending scholarship weeks of camp are required to complete a training day and volunteer at either a weekend camp, Kids Camp week or school holiday program prior to their time at camp. *
- Aged 16 or over
- Have current WA Working With Children Check/National Police Clearance or equivalent (where over the age of 18)
- Must enjoy working with children, have the ability to communicate effectively with others, have a good sense of humour and a high amount of energy!
“Camp Kulin has changed my life. It’s given me a passion and a purpose. I love seeing the smile on the children’s faces, it’s the best reward there is to know you have changed a child’s life and they will remember it forever” – Brittany, Camp Counsellor
Download our Camp Kulin 2018 Camp Counsellor volunteer information and application pack here when it will be released. Coming soon…