Your Ultimate Guide to What to Brong Camping
Camping is an exciting way to get out and explore the outdoors, but it’s also a great opportunity to bond with family and friends. Making sure you’re prepared is key to having a safe and enjoyable experience, so knowing what to brong camping is essential. This comprehensive guide covers everything you need to remember when heading out on a camping adventure, from camping essentials to handy tips and tricks.
As a father of three kids and an experienced camper of more than ten years, I’ve put together a list of absolutely essential items for a successful camping experience.
- Tent: A tent is one of the most important pieces of camping equipment and its size will depend on the number of people you’re camping with. Make sure you also pick up a lightweight tarp for ground protection, a rainfly for wet weather protection, and a few stakes for securing your tent.
- Sleeping bag: The size and temperature rating of your sleeping bag will depend on the climate and weather you expect to encounter on your trip. Take the weather into consideration when selecting a sleeping bag — too little insulation on a cold night can make sleep difficult and uncomfortable.
- Sleeping pad: A sleeping pad provides insulation from the ground to keep you warmer, especially during colder temperatures. A good quality sleeping pad is incredibly important for comfort and restful sleep.
- Camp chairs: Foldable camping chairs are essential for sitting around the campfire, relaxing in the afternoon, and enjoying dinner around the picnic table. Choose chairs that are lightweight and collapsible for easy transport.
- Cooler: A cooler is an absolute must-have for keeping food, drinks, and snacks cold. If you plan to keep beverages and snacks cold, make sure your cooler is sturdy enough to keep the temperature for at least three days.
- Cooking ware: Depending on the type of camping you’re doing, you may need more or fewer cooking supplies. Whether you need an RV kitchen or a campfire cook set, make sure the items you bring are easy to transport, easy to set up, and easy to clean.
- First-aid kit: Accidents happen, so a first aid kit should always be part of your camping checklist. Include antiseptic wipes, pain relievers, antihistamine tablets, and other items you think you may need.
- Lighting: Whether you’re looking for something for pathway lighting, floodlighting, or tent lighting, it’s important to choose the right kind of lighting. Look for lighting that’s rechargeable, waterproof, and easy to carry.
- Fire starter: Whether you plan to have a campfire or a backyard fire pit, make sure to bring along fire starters. Fire starters help to start a fire quickly and easily, even in damp conditions.
Handy Tips & Tricks
Now that you know the camping essentials, here are some handy tips and tricks to ensure your camping adventure is memorable for all the right reasons.
- Pack light: If you’re car-camping, it’s important to remember that not everything needs to come with you. Pack only the essentials and make sure everything is neatly packed and organized.
- Protect yourself from the sun: Don’t forget to bring a hat, sunglasses, and sunscreen. Be sure to reapply throughout the day, especially if you’re spending a lot of time outdoors.
- Layer up: Depending on the temperature, you may want to bring a few layers of clothing. Bring a light sweatshirt for the mornings and evenings, and make sure you have a waterproof jacket with you in case of rain.
- Don’t forget the bug spray: Nothing ruins a camping trip like mosquitos and other biting insects. So don’t forget to bring bug spray. You can also burn citronella candles or make a smoky fire to keep the bugs away.
- Bring a first-aid kit: Accidents happen, so a first-aid kit should be a part of your camping checklist. Make sure to include bandages, antiseptic wipes, and pain relievers.
- Back up power: If you’re planning to use any type of electronic gear, make sure you have a power bank to ensure your gear always has enough power.
Camping can be a great time for relaxation and fun with family and friends, but it can also be stressful if you’re not prepared. Make sure you’re well stocked and organized, and don’t forget the essential items such as a tent, sleeping bag, and sleeping pad. These items, along with the tips and tricks mentioned above, will ensure you have a successful and memorable camping trip that you and your family will treasure.
Bonus Tip: Create a Camping Playlist
Want to make your camping trip even more enjoyable? Put together a curated playlist of your favorite songs to listen to while around the campfire or when on the go. Music can easily set the mood and keep the atmosphere light and fun. Don’t forget to bring along speakers for a real party atmosphere.
Camping is an ideal time to get outside and explore nature and to bond with family and friends. In order for your camping adventure to be a success, you need to make sure you’re well prepared, so knowing what to brong camping beforehand is an absolute must. This guide covers all the camping essentials and handy tips and tricks to make your camping experience enjoyable — from the experienced camper to the newbie campers.