Clean Mold off Camping Chairs with These Easy Steps
If you’re an experienced camper, you know that a good antique camping chair can stay with you for the long haul—but that also means that it’s more likely to pick up dust and mold over time.
Fortunately, cleaning your camping chair of mold is easy if you know the right tools and techniques. In this blog post, we’ll go over the steps to eliminating mold from your camping chairs—so that you can keep them around for many more camping trips to come.
Equipment for Cleaning Mold off Camping Chairs
Before you can clean the mold off of your camping chairs, you’ll need to stock up on the right supplies. You’ll need:
- Mild detergent
- Hot water
- Soft cloths
- A scrub brush
- White vinegar
- Bleach (optional)
Make sure you use only mild detergent and soft cloths to avoid damaging the fabric on your camping chairs.
Steps for Cleaning Mold off Camping Chairs
Once you’ve gathered all of your supplies, it’s time to start cleaning. Follow these easy steps to remove the mold from your camping chairs:
- Dry the chairs. Use a soft cloth to dry off your chairs. Make sure the chairs are completely dry before moving on to the next step.
- Mix mild detergent with hot water. Use a spray bottle to mix a small amount of mild detergent with hot water. Use the mixture to spray down the chairs.
- Scrub the chairs. When the mixture is on the chairs, use a soft scrub brush to clean the fabric.
- Rinse the chairs. Once you’ve scrubbed off the dirt and grime, rinse off the chairs with fresh water.
- Treat the chairs with a vinegar solution. Mix a solution of 1 part white vinegar and 2 parts water. Use a spray bottle to mist the chairs with the vinegar solution. Allow the mixture to sit on the chairs for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Let the chairs air dry. Finally, hang your chairs up to dry in a warm, dry place.
With these easy steps, you can remove mold from your camping chairs and keep them looking like new. There are a few optional steps you can take to ensure that your chairs stay cleaner for longer:
- Regularly inspect your chairs for any signs of mold.
- Vacuum away dirt and debris.
- Move the chairs to a covered area when not in use.
- After use, spray down the chairs with a bleach solution (1 part bleach to 10 parts water) then let the chairs dry before storing away.
Once you’ve scrubbed away the dirt and grime, it’s a good idea to inspect your camping chairs for any remaining mold spots. If you spot any mold, mix a solution of equal parts white vinegar and water and spray it onto the affected area. Let the solution sit for 10 to 15 minutes before wiping away the vinegar.
With these simple steps, your camping chairs will be clean and mold-free in no time. As a veteran camper and father of three, I can assure you that cleaning mold off your camping chairs is not only easy, but also essential to ensure that your chairs will last for many years to come.
Check out this useful video for more tips on cleaning mold off camping chairs:
Cleaning your camping chairs of mold not only keeps them looking new, but also prevents the growth of mildew and other allergens. Taking a few extra steps now to care for your camping chairs will ensure that they will stay with you for many more camping trips to come.