How to Wash Clothes When Camping
Camping is a great way to get away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life and to spend some quality time with friends and family. But with that comes the fact that you have to bring all your supplies with you, including your clothes. While camping, it can be tricky to know how to properly wash your clothes. Luckily, we’ve got some tips to help you out on your next camping trip.
Washing Clothes When Camping
Washing your clothes when camping can be difficult but it doesn’t have to be. Here are some tips to help you out:
- Find the best place to do laundry – Before heading out on your trip, make sure to research the best place to do laundry near your campsite. Many campsites have laundromats on-site or nearby, so it’s important to know the options before you go.
- Pack light – Bring only the essentials to make sure you don’t need to do a lot of laundry while there. Pack items that you can wear multiple times, such as jeans and t-shirts to minimize the amount of laundry you’ll have to do.
- Prepare a supply of detergent – Make sure to pack a detergent that is not too harsh on your clothes and won’t irritate your skin. There are some detergents that are specifically designed for camping.
- Take advantage of natural resources – If you’re camping in a location with access to a river or lake, use the natural resources to help with the laundry process. Take your clothes and hand wash them in the river or lake to help minimize the laundry load.
- Opt for waterproof clothing – If you’re camping in wetter conditions, opt for waterproof clothing to minimize the amount of laundry you’ll need to do. This way, you can wear the same waterproof items multiple times.
- Hand wash delicate items – If you have any delicates, it may be easier to hand wash them in the sink or in a bucket of water. This will help to keep them in better condition.
- Line dry your clothes – Make sure to hang your laundry up in a shaded area so that it can air dry. Avoid drying your clothes in direct sunlight as this can cause the colors to fade.
Tips for Line Drying Your Clothes
Here are some tips for line-drying your clothes while camping:
- Bring enough clothespins – Make sure to bring plenty of clothespins to secure your laundry to the line.
- Hang Clothing Left-to-Right – Hang your laundry from left to right when line drying so that it’s easier to locate items.
- Too Hot to Hang – If it’s too hot to hang your laundry outside, lay the clothing on a table inside and let it air dry.
- Use a Portable Dryer – If you have access to electricity, consider bringing a portable dryer with you for faster drying. This option may be more convenient for you and will minimize the amount of time you have to wait for your laundry to be dry.
As you can see, washing your clothes while camping isn’t impossible. With a little preparation and creativity, you can avoid having to spend too much time doing laundry on your trip. Plus, you can enjoy the outdoors and all the activities you came to do without worrying about your laundry. So, get out there and have an amazing camping experience!
If you are looking for more tips and advice on washing your clothes when camping, check out the video below: